Thursday, November 6, 2008

Leaving BA.. Big Apple heading south

In about an hour, I'll heading south to Ushuaia or as I like to call it "the end of the world." It is the southern most city in the world. I'm going to take picture looking south, so I can tell people "do you want to see the end of the world?" Then hand them a picture of Ushuaia. Ok... bad joke.

Went to La Boca yesterday and I could understand why it was a slum back in the day. Other than the 3 block tourist section, it is still a slum. Lots of cool outdoor cafe's and live tango dancing which is always nice. Finally got to use the new camcorder to capture the tango in high definition.

I'm a big fan of 1000 places to see before you die and I was a little disappointed that thet "Teatro Colon" was closed and had no tours. They are refurbing it for the 2010 Argentina festival. It is supposed to be one of the top 5 places to listen to an opera. Maybe next time.

Puetro Madro was a beautiful walk along the river. It was very interesting to see the parity between the old european architecture and new modern buildings on the other side of river. On the modern side it definitely had a south beach feel with lots of trendy restaurants that had sofas instead of regular chairs. Got some great shots of the city. Thanks John for the fish-eye lens.

On to Ushuaia!

2 comments:

fasturb said...

glad the trip is going well, glad to see Obama wins, glad the cameras are working out and hope to see pictures, mad that comcast mail is down again today

Michael Bertoni said...

Hey Dan - I'm glad to see that you are up and running on your blog and enjoying the trip. I checked in over the past week and didn't see anything. I was a little worried. Tell Kelly I said hello and have a great time at the end of the world! I have a business idea for you when you get back. I need the expertise of a Master Technologist.