Sunday, December 7, 2008

Brooklyn, Mendoza wine, Saks, Ham, and Cycle Trainers Oh My!!!

What a great weekend! I got to visit my brother in Brooklyn NYC. First we went an Irish pub and downed a couple of pints of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, and then head to the liquor store to buy some wine. What was interesting is that I had visited several of the vineyards that were from Argentina. We bought a bottle from bodega Familia Zuccardi:

http://www.familiazuccardi.com

Out of all the vineyards I visited in Mendoza I really enjoyed Familia Zuccardi the best. There was a great guide Harry Houghton. He gave the most in depth and tour which I luckily captured in HD. Oh yeah, the wine was good too. During wine tasting I tried 5 different wines, but during the lunch afterwards I tried 7 wines. Yes, that's right I tried more wine at lunch than the wine tasting. I think that was a common theme of Mendoza wine tasting. The actual wine tasting was good, but the lunches offered at the bodegas are 10x better. I found they ranged from $20-30 US. The lunches usually were 5+ courses and all the wine you can drink. Believe me, I know... Some paired wine with the food others, just kept on pouring anything you wanted. All and all if you are traveling to Mendoza for wine tasting make sure you book the lunches at the bodegas.

Back to Brooklyn, the next day my brother and I headed to Saks 5th Avenue because they were having this ridiculous sale where they took another 50% off the lowest ticketed price. I got this Gucci designer shirt for $80, original MSRP $495. Cha-ching....

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/

My brother had this great ham in the fridge. You know the kind of hams that are similar prosciutto from parma. So smokey, so good, so yummy. Apparently, you can get a 14-15 lb ham for $55. What is cool about this ham is that you can just hang in your house and just slice a piece off and eat it. No cooking, no refrigeration necessary. That's my kind of food!

http://www.broadbenthams.com/fullproduct.cfm?full=1&ID=1314

Technology front, I finally got my trainer for my bicycle. It was so sweet to cycle in the house and watch the Eagles game. Also, it was nice to be on a real bike and not some gym cycle wantabe. Triathlon, here I come.

http://www.rei.com/product/769753

No comments: